Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, this Motorcraft Battery has done its job... Its been sitting in that same spot since 2003 and has run the engine, all my lights, and small grade system for a very long time. It will only start now with a jump so in a few hours im gonna take it up to the Advanced Auto and get a new one. Im thinking that since its dead and ive been wanting a yellow top Optima that I may end up getting one tomorrow. Ive heard great things about them and their performance so we shall see!

·
Registered
388 Posts
You're gonna love the Optima, strong battery.

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Optima's are fantastic!

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just got back from Autozone and theres a very expensive battery in my truck! haha. For $175, which is a great price, I got a Optima Yellow Top D34/78 battery... Heres the stats for this powerful booger...

Stock CCA: 540

Optima:
CCA: 750
CA: 870
Reserve Capacity: 120
Ampere Hour: 55

This thing has some amazing stats so it should be great! Good power for my lighting at shows, slowly growing system, and also it will have some good input for the new performance coil pack. I had to go to 4 different auto stores to find a yellow top in stock since all people had were red tops but its gonna be worth it!

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Nice!

Be honest, you know you only bought the yellow one to match your truck... lol

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
rngrdanny22 said:
Nice!

Be honest, you know you only bought the yellow one to match your truck... lol
Haha, im not gonna lie... it looks good matching up with the truck. I tried to decide if the red top or yellow top would be better and with all the stuff with extra accessories that I have the yellow top was the better one for me.

With the last battery on startup the truck would crank for a second and then turn over. Now with the optima the truck doesnt even really crank. As soon as the key turns the engine is running. Its awesome! I didnt think I'd actually be able to notice and immediate difference.

·
Registered
585 Posts
my red top also has 1000 ca and 800 or 850 cca

·
Registered
180 Posts
yellow tops are awesome, congrats. I have a blue top in my truck but the only difference is that the blue top has the screw posts on it along w/the regular ones. i love it.

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
I wonder if anyone has ever used a blue top... arent they supposed to be for marine applications like boats?

·
Registered
559 Posts
Blue tops are a dual purpose (deep cycle/starting) just like a yellow top.

-PlumCrazy

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Ah, gotcha. You should get one for your truck plum! Then you could be like Olford and color match your truck... haha

1 - 15 of 15 Posts