I had a bit of time to play with the spring set-up today.
With the 7" chevy lowering shackles on;
I wanted it lower so took off the 7" shackles and installed 3.5" generic shackles;
This was too close and I figured that I might get into spring bind. Then I decided to flip and move the shackle mount back, I used the stock back bottom hole;
And my final [so far] iteration;
I decided on the last position thinking that I should get an extra inch or two of droop and only lose an extra 1/2" of height. I lost a total of 4".
I took it for a quick romp and its hitting the bumpstops too easily. I have to re-arch the springs or go back to spring over. There is some wheel hop but not much. I don't have enough seat time to decide if it's a concern.
No traction bars yet. I have a couple of different ideas but that will be awhile. I need to make my lights work and paint the body, I put insurance on it a couple of days ago. Maaayybee a windshield....removable of course. There's quite a list actually. First I'm going to add a spring or two and see if that cures the bottoming out.