Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my fiance's 95 explorer sport started shaking a few days ago but it got really bad yesterday so i take it for a spin. HOLY CRAP! feels like it's about to shake itself apart! it felt to me like it was in the front end so i spend about an hour checking everything; ball joints, tie rods, steering, tire pressure, wheel weights, brakes, cv axles, lug nuts. Huh, all look good (except one tire was a little low) oh well i guess i'll rotate the tires while i'm at it then i decided to check the manual tranny fluid and t-case fluid..... wait a minute! hey that bolt on the t-case end of the rear drive shaft looks a little loose! a closer inspection found that 2 of the 4 bolts were loose and the other 2 were gone! i put 2 new ones on that i had in my b2 and tightened them down and all is good......... But it was almost bad.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Glad you found it! I've had a similar experience on a new to me '79 RX-7 that I bought years ago.

Richard

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
That's crazy! So they just came out?

I've never even thought about checking them regularly. I'm sure I will now... LOL!

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah they just came out i guess. never thought to check 'em either. But man, it could've caused some real damage........ or worse. i actually found one of the bolts in my driveway yesterday.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts