Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a 2019 Ford Ranger XLT Off Road addition and 2 day later was rear-ended. Minor collision, but rear bumper and hitch damage. Thought it would a good idea to replace it with an after market bumper, (ADD Stealth Fighter) liking the appearance and being all heavy metal and stronger. I purchased it from "BumperOnly" who had good reviews, good price, military discount, and a 100% bolt on and fitment guarantee. It was delivered for installation 7 weeks later for installation. After delays and various attempts the body shop was not able to install, due to various fitment issues and not being 100% bolt. I had a Ford factory hitch and bumper installed and took the fitment/bolt on issues up with the manufacturer "ADD" and seller "BumperOnly" who didn't believe my issues and said if returned there would be a 20% restocking fee + shipping. They suggested I use an after market installer that they had used in the past. The new installer agreed to do the work and after some difficulty (modifying the wiring harness, having to change the backup sensor orientation, which was not recommended by Ford or the ADD installation instructions, and a residual rub of the tailgate and the top of the bumper). The installation that ordinarily takes 2 hours took over 4 hours. I had to return the following week because one of the sensors had become disconnected and they were never able to reinstall the lock for the spare tire drop down due to fitment issues. Pictures of fitment problems problem available if anyone is interested. In general an overall poor experience and don't recommend anyone doing this.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts