Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to figure if the Ford 10yr Bumper to Bumper Warrant is worth the $2090 they're asking for it on a new 2019 Ranger.
What is the cost of the average AC failure scenario, say compressor and everything that might go along with it's replacement?
I was told at Ford dealership that one AC repair could be $1900.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I've investigated repair quotes with my mechanic shop that I've used for 25yrs with good experience. They run at the highest only half of the repairs quoted to me by the ford warranty sales person. I do not think this warranty is a good deal at all especially since your maintenance mechanic shop must have a type of certification to keep the warranty valid. Which means you will have to use a dealership for all maintenance work which will cost me quite a bit more per repair. In some cases twice as much.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I've investigated repair quotes with my mechanic shop that I've used for 25yrs with good experience. They run at the highest only half of the repairs quoted to me by the ford warranty sales person. I do not think this warranty is a good deal at all especially since your maintenance mechanic shop must have a type of certification to keep the warranty valid. Which means you will have to use a dealership for all maintenance work which will cost me quite a bit more per repair. In some cases twice as much.
An excellent mechanic that you can trust is worth their weight in gold. Dealers always try and tweak the numbers to help themselves.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts