Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to a local rod shop to get fittings for my fuel cell, they were special order. Picked them up and I feel raped: C$105.00 for 5 fittings..... and I'm not finished!!! :'(
I'm going to shop around a lot more, there must be places to buy cheaper good quality A/N fittings. Any suggestions?
I don't care if they are missing the fancy colored anodizing, in fact I'd prefer no bling.
Thanks,
Richard

·
Registered
2 Posts
Check aircraft supply stores. They may be just as expensive due to having the label "aircraft" attached to it. We use a lot of AN fittings in aircraft maint. They are all anodized due to the characteristics of allumminum coroding. Most aircraft AN fittings are blue.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dsbike said:
Check aircraft supply stores. They may be just as expensive due to having the label "aircraft" attached to it. We use a lot of AN fittings in aircraft maint. They are all anodized due to the characteristics of allumminum coroding. Most aircraft AN fittings are blue.
Thanks for the info. I also found out that there are fittings called 'jic' that have the same angles and threads. They are slightly less quality but then I'm not flying. They are used for hydraulic fittings and are 1/4 to 1/2 the price. Any heavy equipment place or, here in Canada, Princess Auto.
Richard

1 - 3 of 3 Posts