Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I know that there are discussions about this particular code already. I just wanted to post about what the ranger is doing and give some background on the work I've done so far. I changed an O2 sensor because I got a code saying it was running lean. That code went away and I have P0401 Exhaust Gas Recirculation Flow Insufficient Detected.

When I start up the truck in the morning it will usually do fine. Then after running it for awhile, I will cut it off, then when I start it back up it will idle for a second and then stall out.

I have looked up stuff about this code and I know there are a bunch of tests you can do to see exactly what is wrong. I don't have a volt meter or anything to hook up to the EGR valve to see its volts.

My biggest question is, could the EGR valve or DPFE cause the engine to do this? It kind of sounds like I might have a clogged port somewhere also. If that might be it, is there an efficient way to clean those out without having to take the engine apart?

·
Registered
1994 Ford Ranger xlt
2 Posts
Hello,
I know that there are discussions about this particular code already. I just wanted to post about what the ranger is doing and give some background on the work I've done so far. I changed an O2 sensor because I got a code saying it was running lean. That code went away and I have P0401 Exhaust Gas Recirculation Flow Insufficient Detected.

When I start up the truck in the morning it will usually do fine. Then after running it for awhile, I will cut it off, then when I start it back up it will idle for a second and then stall out.

I have looked up stuff about this code and I know there are a bunch of tests you can do to see exactly what is wrong. I don't have a volt meter or anything to hook up to the EGR valve to see its volts.

My biggest question is, could the EGR valve or DPFE cause the engine to do this? It kind of sounds like I might have a clogged port somewhere also. If that might be it, is there an efficient way to clean those out without having to take the engine apart?
I do know that the egr valve throws that code when clogged, try cleaning that out first then see if your in the clear.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts