Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, anybody know if a 97 explorer xlt would have rear discs, and what gear ratio would it have 3.73 or 4.10.
thanks guys

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
would you know whats better? limited slip or open

·
Registered
583 Posts
Limited slip is better. An open diff will only put power to one wheel and the other will just sit there. It also gives the power to the wheel that has the least amount of traction. A limited slip will give power to both rear wheels allowing more traction and less wheel spin.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cool because i jusst found a 98 expo with the axle code D2 which is 4.10 gears and limited slip for $250 is this a good deal?

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Its not a bad price but how many miles are on it and how do the gears look when you open up the diff?

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
That's not bad price at all. I agree with Gerald, make sure you inspect it! If metal shavings fall out of the diff when you open it, dont buy it!

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
new price on this 98 expo axle, its $100 if i pull it and it has 180 000 kms on it which aint bad

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
just the rear end or the whole expo for that price if you get the whold thing take the dash and all lol

·
Registered
984 Posts
pick a part in chillawack? ls and 410s for a hun grab it. just make sure you block that truck up real well out at that junk yard. remember its your life under there !

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
theres a couple out in chilliwack too but those are 250 for the dressed axle. but this guy out in richmond is parting out his expo and he's selling the axle which is a d2 which is 410 LS for a 100 if i pull it, so i gotta get out there soon hopefully

·
Registered
984 Posts
white94ranger said:
theres a couple out in chilliwack too but those are 250 for the dressed axle. but this guy out in richmond is parting out his expo and he's selling the axle which is a d2 which is 410 LS for a 100 if i pull it, so i gotta get out there soon hopefully
dont delay thats a steal.boy the prices went up was getting rear diffs for 75 bucks. just one pick a part back then also out off the prest road exit

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Go get it man! Sounds like a killer deal!

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ive been trying realy hard to find time to get out to richmond so ill keep trying ill let you guys know right away

1 - 16 of 16 Posts