Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My computer illiterate friend has entrusted me with the job of locating an automatic transmission for his 94 Ranger. I honestly don't know much about vehicles. <<I'm his lady friend ;) >> Two years working in a parts store and 10 yrs at a used car dealership gave me some basic knowledge but that's about it. All I know is his truck is a 3.0L, V6, 4x2. I'm having a bit of a tough time. So far, I think I've figured out that the 94 Ranger (parts)are interchangeable with the Mazda B2300 of the same year. Correct me if I'm wrong.

My main questions are:

1) Will the trans from any other year models work in the 94?
2) Is the 94 B2300 interchangeable with the 94 Ranger and if so, will other year models of B Series trucks have transmissions that are interchangeable as well.

Any feedback is much appreciated. Thanks. Oh, and my zip code is 22405 is anyone feels froggy enough to look for a parts dealer who *might* have something I'm looking for. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
that trans should be easy to find but if your looking at mazda it would have to be the b3000 meaning 3.0 motor as for the trans workin i would have to say what is the month the truck was made if its later 94 and has the newer dash i would say from 94 to 97 if its the older dash or made before say 05/1994 you cant use a newer year trans

1 - 3 of 3 Posts