Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 169 Posts

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 94 ext cab 4x4 ranger, rust free besides front fender, all floors and rockers are good and solid

3.0 engine
auto trans
electric tcase/hubs (have manual tcase and hubs ready to go in)
d35 and 7.5 with 10" brakes

when i got her i put in a set of roll bars i had kicking around

wheres that damn trail..

here it is

then flexed her a bit

scrapped the carpet and bedlined it

body lift

painted the flares

put in the roll bars again

i think im taking the roll bars out again soon

this week i should be swapping on the manual hubs

-cayman

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Re: 94 DD/trail build lots of pics

That's a sweet truck 8)
Richard
You going to change your sig pic again ? Soon you wont see the pic anymore :D

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

thanks, my buddy picked up my 33x13.50 super swamper tsl's on 15x12 rims for me a few days ago now i just need to pick them up from him, and my brother is giving me some money to buy a rough country lift. I know rough country isnt the best choice but my brother is giving me a bit of cash to pay for one and i still gotta save up some so thats all i can buy until i can afford a 6" skyjacker kit, then comes the 35s lol
and i know abuot the drop plate, i read how to grind it down so that it wont hit the diff, and ill find some way to gusset the brackets to

heres a pic of my swampers and rims

-cayman

·
Registered
583 Posts

Dude, before you do anything else, PLEASE raise your bumper up to match the body lift. That looks like crap. No offense.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

no im making new bumpers i got an idea but my mig is broke so gotta wait for a new one lol

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts

Looking good man! I have to say I love the 93-97 Rangers best of all! ;D

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

so i emailed the guy that was getting my exploder 8.8 tonight after waiting 5 weeks for him to get the axle, and the **** sucker replys "i was too late getting it out and the truck is crushed, oops" so its safe to say my reply wasnt very nice cause i traded my tcase for a d35 with a bent up beam and he was supposed to get me the other d35 beam and 8,8 out of his other exploder but now all i got is a bent up d35. fuck what a ****

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts

Dude, that blows balls... I hate when people dont do what they say they will

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

ok so i already blew up my auto hubs lol so looks like ill be using the auto hubs off my spare d35 until i can get the manual ones off my uncles truck prob next week or so

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts

CaymanRanger said:
ok so i already blew up my auto hubs lol so looks like ill be using the auto hubs off my spare d35 until i can get the manual ones off my uncles truck prob next week or so
I blew mine out the first time I went out in the 97... the Warn's lasted until the day I SAS'd the truck... I would definitely recommend them!

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

ok so since my hubs are blew up i done some 2-wheelin today lol there was pretty decent mud spot where everyone goes here and i was flyin an hit it in 2wd lol an then i turned around and tried to drift around it and it didnt work out, she wide side on and spun right around in a circle and there were big ruts so the rear end came off the ground and i was doing a decent speed so she took a good impact-- too good. after i continued driving her to my pops she i noticed my pan was squish and leaned to one side,, so i was like wtf lol oops so i kept going until i get to pops an looked and the pan liner is in her so i cant tell what bolts are missing, but i think theres only 1 bolt holding the pan on now because the pan was all squish and the front body lift blocks were way offset of the mounts and there was a block missing on the other side. i guess i should of used bigger washers haha. so ill get my tool box an bring up there someday maybe tomorrow and fix the pan, and i got her up to my other pops so shes right where the other ranger is with the manual hubs so im gonna swap them tomorrow too i think so i will have a working 4wd again.

so i want to take this body lift off and get a 6" suspension,
time for me to make some cash, wish i could find a job

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

went up at her today and i was right i forgot the washers on the bottom of the chassis so the pan was basicaly just lodged there lol so the bed went off to oneside and slid off the mounts so thats why the pan was leaned to one side but the block was still bolted on just the nut came up through the chassis so i lodged it back in place so tomorrow im gonna get some bigger washers and my tools and put it all back together and put on my steering extension cause the steering is kinda tight now with the body lift

·
Registered
901 Posts

I thought you said you did a 3" body. what is this lift all about?, and you testing it too?

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

haha, thats awesome buddy!

MAJOR UPDATE

RANGER IS NOW LISTED ON EVERY CLASSIFIEDS SITE I CAN THINK OF

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts

CaymanRanger said:
haha, thats awesome buddy!

MAJOR UPDATE

RANGER IS NOW LISTED ON EVERY CLASSIFIEDS SITE I CAN THINK OF

How did the call about the 92 4x4 go?

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

the guy is in alberta now, thousands of miles away but he said i can go take a look whenever i want. she is exactly what im looking for; reg cab, long bed, 4.0, 5spd, d35, he wants 1,200 but ill take a look and offer him 800

1 - 20 of 169 Posts