Ford Ranger Forums banner

61 - 80 of 86 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
BFG All-Terrains tend to gunk up with mud fairly easily when offroading from my experiences... They seem to be better suited for trail riding IMO...

As for tire pressure, you're spot on for road use... For offroading, if rockcrawling, I would lower the pressure just a bit... maybe 20-25 PSI... Any lower and you will run the risk of losing the tire bead unless you had true beadlocks...

·
Registered
712 Posts
i agree BFG all-terrains are a great street and trail tire but there not very good for a lot of mud unless you have a lot of horse power to keep them cleaned out or a lot of wheel spin.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Yeah, I think my BFG's are supposed to be 35 PSI... Some other brands of course will be different... It should be listed on the sidewall of the tire

·
Registered
984 Posts
rngrdanny22 said:
Yeah, I think my BFG's are supposed to be 35 PSI... Some other brands of course will be different... It should be listed on the sidewall of the tire
i would like to add that you can fine tune you psi to get the most contact on the road.take apice of chalk scribe a good heavy line across your tread then starting a recommended psi take the tires for a spin ,then check the chalk . if you are at the right psi for your truck. then no chalk should be present. if you have chalk just on the out sides drop you psi if it on the in sides add psi. this how i have always found the right psi for my rides . the psi in my ranger on the present hides turned out to be 28 psi with the v6 and 31 with the v8 tires been on for two years . and have been wearing even all the way across (the back don't count any more)

·
Registered
984 Posts
back tires + warmed up v8+show off driver = ::).

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
What does everyone think about cutting off my bent frame horns right after or right before the body mount? They are both bent. I could attatch the new custom bumper im making farther back, and reinforce it with metal.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
So i got the whole front end in today. It looks great. After all of the time it took to get around to it, i was not used to getting anything done, and it felt good.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
I completely rebuilt the steering gear box today. Does anyone know what tool i need to get 92 explorer Dana 35 rotors off?

61 - 80 of 86 Posts