Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening all,

I have a question regarding a 5.0 swap that I am wanting to perform on my 84 BII...

Currently, the transmission in the BII is a C5 and I'm pretty sure it will bolt up to the 5.0 I have, but most swaps usually use the C4 transmission instead...

My question is, do you think the C5 would be able to handle the power of the 5.0? It's currently hooked to a 2.8 V6...

If it can handle the power, what would be the pros/cons of using this transmission over a C4?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I got a 302 out of a late 80's model Mustang that needs to be torn down and rebuilt... got it for cheap as hell from a buddy of mine about 3 years ago...

·
Registered
388 Posts
I guess your'e already into the swap, atleast getting started, are you using conversion parts readily purchased? Best of luck, lots of fun when completed.

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sweet info! thanks!

·
Registered
984 Posts
i crossed a c4 and c5 . took the the tail shaft out of c5 and put into c4 along with the transfer case adapter. this way the the tyranny bolts to the stock Mount's and no fussing with drive shafts tryed to post pic but how

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sloue said:
i crossed a c4 and c5 . took the the tail shaft out of c5 and put into c4 along with the transfer case adapter. this way the the tyranny bolts to the stock Mount's and no fussing with drive shafts tryed to post pic but how
That sounds pretty sweet! Yeah, check out the thread Dyllan was referring to... You will need to open a free photobucket account and copy the

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sweet!

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Very nice!!! Whenever I do a swap when my 3.0 dies(which will be quite a while!) I want to do a good powdercoat job on the engine too.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
After seeing the Lightning Bolt im thinking a 5.4!!! If not then I want to go with either a newer 302 or a Tom Morana 4.4L complete engine V6... the whole thing is cast aluminum, forged internals, and ready for 20lbs of boost straight out of the box... crazy power coming from a Ford Morana 4.4 V6 stroker! Its based on the 3.8 Ford V6...

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm not looking for anything too crazy... LOL

I'm keeping it carburated... simple yet effective! ;D

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
That would be cool on a modern body style ranger like yours! Im looking to the future of this truck road racing low to the ground so it needs something crazy!!! lol

1 - 20 of 38 Posts