Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bought this yesterday, 79 f150 4x4, 351m, auto, cab is on decent shape but the bed is done for. i drove her home the hour long trip on the highway, it was pretty annoying not having any exhaust after the y pipe.

how i first found er..

drive home..

and home.. well in my town at least, shes parked at my buddys place till tuesday..

plans are to restore and get it licensed, probably a mini-spool rear and lockright front, cant decide if i want to go 4" lift and 33s or stock height and 31s.. for the more original look..

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Nice truck! When I first saw the speedometer pic, I was like "holy ****, how did you get that thing up to 110mph?", then I realized it was kilometers. LOL!

You know, it would be pretty badass to swap those axles in the BII... just sayin...

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha i bet she could get to 110 mph.. while falling off a cliff.

anyways, i scrapped the interior of the 79 bronco today.. taking whatever i can out of her for parts for my f150 becuse the bronco is soon going to the crusher. i took the headliner out of her and i just bought some camo fabric and im gonna wrap the headliner with it, and put in the f150. hell yeah!

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
camo fabric will look good. we did that to a buddy of mine's tacoma a few years back. came out really well.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
It looks like a project! I have a '76 going to the crusher if you need parts. You pay shipping only.

Richard

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
alwaysFlOoReD said:
It looks like a project! I have a '76 going to the crusher if you need parts. You pay shipping only.

Richard
sweet! what kind of condition is this section in?

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
fordzilla said:
alwaysFlOoReD said:

Richard
sweet! what kind of condition is this section in?

its the lower rear door post for the drivers side. ill let you know if theres anything else, thanks buddy.
[/quote]

I'll take pics, probably on the weekend.

Richard

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
33's

starting to put on the new front clip..

the new front clip..

also got a price on a 4" lift from a shop here in canada with free shipping,, including shocks it comes to a total of $412.. im thinking its a done deal.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ordered a spool today for the rear..

also got the new front clip on..

no its not gloss.. the paint was just still wet.

also found out she has air shocks... can you say FAST

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Betcha the springs are really tired.

Richard

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yup. new 4"ers would solve that problem

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
actually I have 2 spare sets i might throw in her to see if they make any difference, they could be just as bad though

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
havent updated in a while but not much been happening..

and just bought this today..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts