3,686 Posts
Re: 1979 Bronco Build - 56K yes way. HIgh Speed or GTFO

why do you need another bronco man finish this adhd ford project

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·

i want to get the other one for parts for this one, dont worry im not abandoning my baby lol

today i got the part i need for the carb so she will run off the fuel tank now, i fired her up and she is way too loud so i gotta make up my own custom ypipe with the bender tomorrow gotta pick up some pipe. also got somethin else in mind that im gonna fab up

and the best part is, we moved today! so now i look out the back window and see the big garage with the bronco inside so ill have more time up at her now

·
Registered
984 Posts

way to go

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·

thanks guys, looked at the other bronco yesterday she is a freewheeler which is a package that not too many broncos got. i beat him down to a good price i think i am getting her and keeping mine for a parts rig this other one is in much better shape than mine

·
Registered
984 Posts

:laugh: dame boy you make me dizzy :laugh:

·
Registered
1,340 Posts

fordzilla said:
thanks guys, looked at the other bronco yesterday she is a freewheeler which is a package that not too many broncos got. i beat him down to a good price i think i am getting her and keeping mine for a parts rig this other one is in much better shape than mine
I know the feeling.

Richard

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·

never got that other bronco but i might get it sometime

on the bright side, I just ordered a new set of headers!

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts

Good to see you still working on this one! I've been looking for an update for a while now!

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
79 Bronco rebuild

lol not really doing much with her now, spending time on the b2 but i miss the 79 dearly so I want to get her going again before the snow leaves. she will be an animal in the snow we have lol
today i started taking apart the b2 to swap shafts, i also took pics of each step and i will continue to take pics until i get it done, then ill submit it for the tech section

·
Registered
984 Posts
still think a ranger cab on the frame mine is looking like it going that way.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
sloue said:
nah i love this body style,, my favourite truck ever made.. why are you going to do it? after all the work your doing on the suspension on yours she will be one mean machine

·
Registered
655 Posts
sloue said:
i think itde be bad ass its not something you dont see every day

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
got a letter in the mail from summit saying my order was cancelled and i have to retry it again later. so i figured i can fix my exhaust manifolds and get headers later. anyways the other day i charged up a battery and threw it in her, bolted on the stock exhaust manifolds, then went out across the snow bank in the bronco2 and boosted her and she fired up perfect, but she only runs on the bit of gas i put in the carb. im not sure if it has anything to do with the carb bolts werent tightened up or the vaccum piece on the back of the manifold broke off (both which will be fixed as soon as i haul her in the shop) but if i fix all the known problems and she still dont get her gas im gonna by-pass the mechanical fuel pump and get an 8psi electric pump in there an if she dont work then, im gonna burn it lol.

today i pulled the exhaust manifolds and started repairing the broken studs..

this manifold is done, ill use bolts through these..

will also use a bolt through this one..

but this one will require re drill and tap (got it drilled, just need to tap it now)

and here is the poor girl as of today. and yes i have the wheels for it

also cleaned the carb..

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
finished them about 10 mins ago. wasnt very fun but im very pumped to get her in the garage this weekend. gonna get some 2.25" pipe, run true duals into glasspacks and dumping before the rear tire on each side. not going to be quiet.

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Sick!

I feel ya on the drilling out holes and re-tapping. I just had to re-tap the top bolt holes on my radius arms...

Keep up the work!

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
just run pipe and leave out the glass packs and you can just run a stud in the manifold with some lock tight

41 - 58 of 58 Posts