1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
heres when i bought her, August 19 2009

[IMG]
[img]http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn23/Boggin-B-Series/DSC02703.jpg

first thing i done was remove what was left of the chrome trim. then i cleaned out the interior and cleaned the carb but the carb still isnt very good, it was supposedly sitting in sand for 10 years.

and i hooked up some lights on the front bumper with a light bar i made out of a roof rack of a broncoII

added some 33x12.5 mud terrain tires and a leveling kit, and painted her with Rocker Guard, and painted the headlight surrounds

when i bought her last august she had a rear main seal leak, so i got the motor out of her today and pulled the valve covers, coil, wires, dipstick, base pan, bearing cap, and the old oil seal. now i just cant seem to find the seal i bought for her a while ago lol

ill try to get pics of the rear seal change tonight

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: 1979 Bronco Build

bottom of the engine without basepan

2-peice seal, 1 part goes in little seam just behind the flywheel you can see the little opening there for it on each side of the crank, the other side of the seal comes out with the bearing cap

and heres how im changing the seal, motor on about a 70 degree angle

heres what the floor looks like with the carpet an insulation ripped up. i got part of the trans hump bed liner'd jus need to scrape off the old insulation from the passenger side and do that much

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Re: 1979 Bronco Build

Looks a lot better.
Is that a 460?
A lot of times the throttle plate 'pivots'[wrong term, but I'm brain dead right now] wear out the main body of the carb. You can fix with a [hard to find] bushing kit.
Richard

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: 1979 Bronco Build - 56K yes way. HIgh Speed or GTFO

lol nope just a 351m.. for now

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

thanks guys, the floors are pretty rusty but repairable. seems i got one of the only 2 known for on the island, $300 was a good price

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

painted the firewall and the chassis and front crossmembers today will get pics later

·
Registered
712 Posts

thats weird my dad had one a while back and the body was completly rusted away but the floor's where perfect.

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts

That is a good find for $300! Keep up the good work!

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

thanks guys. i picked up some paint today. home high heat silver for the intake manifold and the block, high heat black for the exhaust manifolds and oil pan, and some high heat white just incase. and some rust-proof gray for the steering arms on the front end(drag link, tie rods) and probably the coil springs. and ill be hitting the axles with some black paint eventually

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

got the rear main seal put in today and the base pan put back on and the motor mount insulators took off the block, need to get a new mount cause the passenger side one snapped off when i tried unboltin it when i took out the motor. and i got some paint picked up that i might paint the motor with and got the firewall and frame painted.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts

You're making progress 8). Keep it up.
Richard

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

thanks guys. im gonna be at the garage a nice while tonight unless something goes wrong. so im gonna hope to have her started up tonight :):)

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

ok life and other rangers got in the way of this project. im going at it tonight with a friend hopefully the motor will be in her tonight,, hes a mechanic so it should go in unless somethins really wrong

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts

fordzilla said:
so it should go in unless somethins really wrong

famous last words... haha

Good luck on the swap! I hope everything goes well!

Take lots of pics!

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

OH YEA!!!!!!!!!!!! the motor is bolted to the trans and all in place, just gotta put the nuts on the motor mounts and tighten her down but shes all in place now, then jus gotta put on the core support/front clip an she will be good to go!!!!!

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

you all know about my other projects so progress on this one hasnt been very much lately, but were moving probably tomorrow to the house which is in the same garden as the garage where the bronco is so then i will be at her all day long. i went at it last night for a bit and she gotta come apart again, i didnt properly seat the torque converter until it clicked a few times so im gonna try unbolting the trans and sliding it back enough to engage it then bolt it back together without taking out the motor again cause that was the biggest pita ever

1 - 20 of 58 Posts