Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After Dustin (ranger_1999) and I washed our trucks yesterday, i went for a drive for another site's photo contest. The topic was something truck with something old and rickety. I went all over the county until it hit me like a ton of bricks of the perfect location.

Sara's dad has a 1966 Ford F100 "Custom Cab". The story behind the truck is that he kept it up pretty much like I keep mine up. Then when Sara was born back in 87', he had to park it because he couldn't afford the gas to put in it with a new baby and all. he ended up getting a 85 Ranger to drive and just left this poor F100 where it sits today. I may try to get it off of him one day, but its probably beyond fixable. the other old truck is one in town

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

·
Registered
583 Posts
That ol' 66 is defiantly fixable. There isn't any big rust holes that I can see from the pics at all. It looks everything just has a little bit of surface rust. I would try and get that restore it back to original if I were you. I have seen pics of vehicles that were in a lot worse shape that were restored to show quality, and I know of someone restoring a 55 Chevy truck that literally has no floors due to rust.

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
That old 66 looks great. I agree that it's definitely fixable!

Great pics as always man!

·
Registered
984 Posts
that thing is an :angel: a batt,an oil change, spark pugs and wires.flush the gas tank .bet a hun she fires up and drives out . i would snap that up in a second not even think of it . get pics of the inside.. i would pay 250 for the grill alone. 1200 to 15 for the truck as it sits

·
Registered
984 Posts
i picked this 64 up for my youngest son for 750 plate-able turn key, 300 ,6 .3 speed
now dropped five and 351 w

·
Registered
712 Posts
it looks like its an great shape for a restoration to me i no a guy that would pay good money for it the way it sits if it where here.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
you should deffinetly go after that 66

1 - 9 of 9 Posts