Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I want to upgrade my engine to a newer 5.0. I was really wondering about the Explorer 5.0 what the difference from the F150 and Explorer, and all the others? What do I need to put a Explorer 5.0 in?, or another one? I can get one for cheap, and I was wondering.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Looking it over, and I read up on what I really want. That's just the Intake Manifold From the beasts, well maybe the Cobra's. ... so how would that work? I need to read up on it.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
for the most part there all the same the explore has better flowing heads the cobra better intake

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so would it be better to use the Explorer heads, and cobra intake?

Would they mate?

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It looks like they do use this setup. I think I will go for it, and see what happens. Thanks for the help BadInten

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
I've always thought that "in theory" it would be one of the easier swaps since the frame is the same between explorers and rangers.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, the "in theory" saying, making something ridiculous sound scientific!

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
wait we are not talkin about a ranger danny its an f-150 with the 300 6cyl i think if so a stock 50 is just that now in most cases an suv would have more power than a car or pickup do to weight but we are talkin about a full size truck in this case and from the fact i have seen the expo heads are better flowing from the factory and the cobra intake should fit together

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
You're right BADINTEN, I was thinking about the Expo/Ranger swap. Totally slipped my mind that he has an F150 now... Haha!

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Its got the 302 in it.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
its got a 302 so just do the heads and intake your good to go whats your set up right now should already be injection on there

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bone Stock 302 EFI

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes sir, I'm just trying to over complicate things.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
it happens sometimes that way what trans are you running right now

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Its a 4 speed manual. I'm not really sure what it is right now.
Just waking up.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
well for now you can run that trans its the same one i was going to run in my ranger when it was on 37 stock frame and the 5.0

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hope, you have been able to shape that already.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts