Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to put a 4 inch rough country lift on my 91 2wd 4cyl ranger. What is a good size tire to put on. 31x10.50's or 33x12.50. Looking at either bfg all terrain or pathfinder all terrain. your thoughts please.

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
With being a Generation II (or GenII) Ranger and being 2wd, I would recommend going with the 31x10.50 BFG All-terrains.

The older body Rangers had and more "squared" shape wheel well that restricted overly sized tires. If your truck were a 4x4, you would probably be okay with 33x12.50's, but you may experience some scrubbing.

Better yet, have you checked into the possibility of 265x75's? They are the size tire that came stock on my F150 and from all the calculators I've used, it seems that they are equivalent to 32x11.00's. This may give you another option to look at, but they may not come in a 15 or 16 inch rim (mine are 17's on the F150).

Oh, and welcome to the forum!

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
No problem! That's what we're here for!

You may want to check out a post in the "under construction" section started by a member named white94ranger. He has a 4" lift on his 2wd 94 and will be getting 31" BFG's very soon (pics still to come). His truck may be able to give you a little perspective on how yours might look (granted it's a GenIII Ranger).

·
Registered
984 Posts
4 inch lift and 31s n0 prob any thing over 31s and its fender trimming or 3inch body lift . re gearing is something to be looked at over 31s also

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Any thoughts on rim size? I was thinking 15x8. Will this be enough to stick the tires out a little or will the look be tall and narrow?

·
Registered
583 Posts
15x8 imo is a good size for a 4" lift. It doesn't stick out to far, but does still stick out farther than OEM wheels. But you also gotta look at the backspacing of the wheel too cuz that could make a big difference.

·
Registered
984 Posts
15x8 4inch back space with 31 10.5 3 inch lift
i am 4x4

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The rims I'm looking at have a -19mm offset. I think this should push the wheels and tires out just enough to give the truck a more meaty stance. What do you guys thank? Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

·
Registered
984 Posts
that should do for off set what about back spacing...trust me new 31 10.5 even on stock rims are going to give you your meaty the problem with meaty in our trucks is clearances. be prepared for a little nip and tuck on the front even after the lift.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts