Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok bare with me this thread will take me some time to finish bucause i work a lot and get not much time to work on it. well first off before nething your gonna want to drain you radiator fluid and pull your radiator fan shroud away from the rad. then disconnect the hoeses from the rad. then pull the rad. out and place off to the side ok not theres a harness (ill have pics soon to show all this)on the driver side unplug it disconnect your battery and un hook your solanoid and set the harness on the motor.now pull your spark plug wires from your coil pack and then pull your upper intake to get to you fuel lines and disconnect them as well. this is where im at right now ill get the rest as i pull the motor and fully finish this post with more pics then telling you how to do it.
ok in this i had takin the intake off the ranger pulled the spark plugs so not to break them off
ok these are the wires going down to the trans there hiding jus behind the motor
these are the motor wireing harness there should be 3 plugs as well as youlle need to unhook the starter wires from the starter solenoid
the motor mount bolts are removed
sorry the motor was pulled but the motor mounts fuel lines on the intake muffler piping and trans bolts need removed
heres the line on the trans you need the tool for or 2 flat screw drivers to push the black plastic ring.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Looks like your'e going through what most of us have already attempted. Good luck and keep the pics coming. Did you have to over haul or change it out?

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
change it out bottom of rod in piston 1 cam lose and punched out of oil pan. and locked the motor up. so now i get to do this for the ones that need help and on this here and its fun as well if ne one has ne info to help pls add it. also if you have the 4.0 the ne of the ohv 4.0 will change over the harness is different tho so youlle have to switch it over to the new motor. oh got to add this for the ones that take everything forgranted the 4.0 dodge motor is not the same lol had some idiots ask me if it was a jeep motor.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
a jeep motor why damn ohio ppl lol. so can you rebuild the bad motor if so you can save it and build a bad as motor to put in later

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
already sent it off for full rebuild and 30 over bore and if i can find a cam im having the heads built for better flow like port and polish and ill start building a custom high rise intake ill post pics of the when i start but wont be till about summer.and i plan on a small turbo or super charger set up.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
u need a custom intake for my 2.3 are you building them or having it built

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i build them jus depends on what it is usely i jus build them i start off the stock one getting the mount holes and all and build off that mine is gonna be a lot cleaner and flow a **** ton better.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
i want a on3e piece for the 2.3 but all in due time also i need 4 of your injectors from your 4.0 im working on something for us 4 bangers

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
that should work i can do that with no problamo lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts