Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So ive always noticed that there are 3 slots for bulbs in my Ranger's 3rd brake light since the older models of Rangers used the middle for the brakes and the outside ones for reverse. I decided since the entire light is red and the "USA" is all that lights up on my brake light cover i would add those other 2 lights so the stripes could shine as well.

So I went to the junkyard and got 2 more lights that fit in my brake light and paid a whopping $1.00 for them. Here are the pics I took from beginning to end of the instillation...

Its hard to tell with it being light outside but I will take pics tonight and post them to show the full change and brightness.

·
Registered
711 Posts
thats cool! 8)

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Sweet mod!

The other light sockets are there for Rangers that came equipped with the cargo lights (white outsides). They used the same light connectors on both, but a different housing (solid red w/o cargo lights, white/red/white w/ cargo lights).

·
Registered
211 Posts
I bet that sucker lights up the night!

·
Registered
901 Posts
You should hook each side up for the turn signal. But sweet mod, I think I will do this to my broken ranger.

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
ArcticOutlaw said:
You should hook each side up for the turn signal.
Awesome idea!

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dixie_boysles said:
I bet that sucker lights up the night!
It sure does! really bright. so bright when im on the brakes at night some of the extra light shines through the cab light... so i gotta put up another shroud to keep it out. lol

ArcticOutlaw said:
You should hook each side up for the turn signal. But sweet mod, I think I will do this to my broken ranger.
That would be sweet but it would take a lot of wiring to hook it up! Thats a project for when I redo the interior one day I guess!

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
BADINTEN said:
turn sigs would be sweet but a pain to hook up
major pain!

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
but still worth it lol i always wanted to hook up to more third break light making it a center left and right lights and turn sigs on the left and right one would be freakin sweet

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
The easiest way would probably be to find the wires behind the guage cluster, run them up the driver's side a-piller, above the headliner, and then to the 3rd brakelight.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yea probably. Maybe if I decide to change out my gauge lights and all to blue I can do all that at the same time.

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Most definitely! A wire diagram would be great!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts