Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased my new Ranger last Friday. I am convinced that the pre-collision assist is not working. I am positive I have it turned on and the sensitivity is the highest. The lane assist works, curve control seems to work. Also includes Ford Co-Pilot360.

Has anyone else had this issue? I read somewhere that the 2020's had issues where it wasn't working and upgrades to the software or something was the only way to fix. They can't get me in for another 7-10 days.

Additionally - PART TWO: If anyone could answer this one - Does Ford Co-Pilot360 include Adaptive Cruise Control? My salesperson said he thought it had it. Ford couldn't give me a positive answer when I gave them my VIN. Said that they don't think it's even an option on the Ranger.

Any assistance to both questions is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you have the up/down arrows on the middle panel of the set cruise panel on the steering wheel. it’s got it. Your pre-collision is probably working. You just have not been in a situation to activate. Someone would have to slam on the brakes in front of you and your foot on the gas to activate it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I agree your pre-collision is probaby working. Mine has lite up 2 times and it requires speed, and either a on or slightly off axis car coming at you fast. An example would be a car getting off a freeway ramp and you are closing in fast knowing that it is not a problem and the system see's it as a possible rearend collision. Mine is set to the Mid setting.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Purchased my new Ranger last Friday. I am convinced that the pre-collision assist is not working. I am positive I have it turned on and the sensitivity is the highest. The lane assist works, curve control seems to work. Also includes Ford Co-Pilot360.

Has anyone else had this issue? I read somewhere that the 2020's had issues where it wasn't working and upgrades to the software or something was the only way to fix. They can't get me in for another 7-10 days.

Additionally - PART TWO: If anyone could answer this one - Does Ford Co-Pilot360 include Adaptive Cruise Control? My salesperson said he thought it had it. Ford couldn't give me a positive answer when I gave them my VIN. Said that they don't think it's even an option on the Ranger.

Any assistance to both questions is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Unfortunately, I don't think the XL can get the adaptive cruise control.
I went to the Ford site and did an XL build with CoPilot and the Steering wheel has the buttons for the standard cruise control.
If I build an XLT (comes with CoPilot standard) and add the technology package, the steering wheel buttons change to the adaptive cruise buttons.
Took these snap shots to show the difference.

without adaptive cruise control:

with adaptive cruise control:

The middle buttons and right buttons are different.

Link to the build site.
Ranger - Build & Price (ford.com)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts