Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone please help with the above as its driving crazy, Dealer unhelpful or not interested. has 11900 miles on it.
I have stripped all my work gear,reoved the truckman top,the load liner, spare wheel and everything like jack etc that may cause a noise in the cab and I still have this noise that sounds like something is loose on the rear end.
Checked all the obvious things like shocks and anchor points for the suspension and still cant find, you would think that the tailgate is banging but its not that either, any ideas would be very gratefully received please.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thought I was crazy myself. I have not took the time to investigate because of the weather, but I have been hearing or feeling a noise that sounds/feels as if something is loose and shifting in the bed while driving. Not sure if it occurs during a specific maneuver. I will observe, track and report in a few days.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have found the problem, wrong size or loose nuts and bolts fitted in the top of the dampers under the rear load area, dealer wouldn’t specify but climbed underneath and two new shiny nuts have appeared and now the banging noise when driven over bumps has completely gone.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts