Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

For a truck of its size, the Ranger’s towing capacity numbers are really impressive when you take a closer look.

With the towing package it’s able to tow as much as 7,500lbs in rear-wheel drive, which puts it way ahead of the competition.

The Ranger is able to out tow the likes of the Toyota Tacoma (6,400 lbs), Nissan Frontier (6,720 lbs), and GMC Canyon (7,000 pounds).

In fact, the Ranger is the only gas powered mid-size truck that can rival the new Jeep Gladiator’s towing capacity of 7,650 lbs. The only catch is that the Gladiator can only tow that much in its base Sport trim, while the Ranger can do it in any trim level.

What makes it unique is that the Ranger is able to do this with an EcoBoost 4-cylinder engine rather than resorting to a V-6 engine or bigger.

The Fast Lane Truck did an in-depth test of the Ranger and Tacoma’s towing capabilities where they had each truck tow a 5,000lbs trailer through their “Ike Gauntlet” in Colorado. They ended up giving the nod to the Ranger for it’s better ride and fuel efficiency after the test.

Now it’s one thing to see that the Ranger has strong towing numbers but it’s completely different when it’s used for daily life. What kinds of things are you towing with your Ranger? What’s the most you’ve used it for?

·
Registered
1 Posts
One thing I love too much about Ford Ranger which I am doing currently, we can use this for personal use and for towing service as well, i have ford ranger which i got for personal use but now i am using this for car towing service at ritewaytowingnyc, no doubt its very powerful.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts