Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who don't know the online configurator of the new Ranger is live, so you can play around with it to find a build that's to your liking. Here's a basic breakdown of pricing.

XL- $24,300
XLT- $27,940
Lariat- $32,210

·
Registered
81 Posts
FX4 off-road package is a must for anyone serious about the Rangers performance potential, its a small price to pay for whats offered.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think there are an increasing number of people who are just looking for a cheap work truck. The barebones XL on steelies may be the go to for those looking to fulfill that need. I also like the fact that the chrome has been deleted on the entry level model, have never been a big fan of it. Upgrading to LED's will be a worthwhile investment aftermarket.

·
Registered
81 Posts
i bet that anyone wanting an even cheaper base Ranger might have luck finding ex-fleet versions showing up at the local police auction or dealer on the local auto classifieds

·
Registered
117 Posts
i bet that anyone wanting an even cheaper base Ranger might have luck finding ex-fleet versions showing up at the local police auction or dealer on the local auto classifieds
just make sure you know a good tech to inspect it before buying, auction vehicles can be a hit or miss, even if it was ex-police fleet

·
Registered
81 Posts
just make sure you know a good tech to inspect it before buying, auction vehicles can be a hit or miss, even if it was ex-police fleet
Tech for sure. I know some that charge $100 to do it and are very reputable.
But of course there are lots of videos covering the basics like this from scotty kilmer

·
Registered
117 Posts
I rather pay the $100 to a professional than going through it myself. Not worth the hassle of renting/buying a scan tool as that video shows. I'm not much of a DIY'er.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts