Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this review of the Ford Ranger Lariat to be pretty informative. The most interesting thing from the video are the "two glaring flaws" that are discussed, the 10-speed transmission and the quality of the interior

I agree that the Ranger's interior is disappointing but I'm curious to hear what everyone thinks about the transmission?

·
Registered
100 Posts
10-speed transmission issues have been keeping me away. Yes, it's that bad along with other major flaws.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a Lariat SuperCrew FX4 4x4 and so far I'm really liking the truck. Regarding the interior, I did my homework and drove each mid-size pickup and made sure each was similarly equipped. I will say the Honda Ridgeline probably had the nicest interior, as well as the best ride, but fell short on "truck" capability like payload and towing. The Nissan is a solid truck, but in need of an update, falls short on interior, ride and transmission. The Toyota Tacoma is also a solid truck, but also in need of an update, and the seating position was very uncomfortable, and the V6 lacked the grunt I felt it should have had. That leave the Chevy Colorado and the GMC Canyon, and the GMC Canyon Denali was the nicest of the two, so it came down to choosing between the Ranger Lariat and the Canyon Denali. Both trucks are very nice, but the Ford had options that the GMC did not, such as LED headlights, Adaptive Cruise control and a much better sound system. I also felt the Ford Sync 3 worked better than the GM equivalent system did, more intuitive and user friendly, and the seats in the Ford were much more comfortable. The Canyon Denali is a very nice mid-size truck, but I think the Ranger Lariat is just that little bit nicer, and the truck I traded in on the Ranger was a GMC Canyon Z71 4x4 Extended Cab, which I had zero problems with, a very good truck. As far as transmission issues, mine has been nothing short of excellent, and with only 2,600 miles on my truck I'm currently averaging a bit over 23 MPG, so no complaints there, and the interior I found to be comparable to that of the Canyon Denali, and a step above the Colorado, Tacoma and Frontier, second only to that of the Ridgeline. As I said, so far I'm very happy with my choice of the Ranger, all I can say to anyone looking for a mid-size pickup try them all, comparably equipped, and compare before you decide.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts