1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
That's a monster of a V6! Ford had to do something to keep up with the Camaro's V6 I guess...

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well the camaro V6 is 3.5 making 304 hp... the 3.7 makes 305... plus the mustang now has a sixth gear for all models and transmissions and also the mustang is much lighter so it will now dominate the camaro V6...

just like the 5.0 is 1.2L less than the camaro 6.2 V8 but makes the same horsepower... lighter engine and lighter car... Mustang now wins in every aspect!

DOMINATION!

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Very true... I wasnt saying the Camaro was better, just saying that Ford had to respond to Chevy making 300+ HP out of a V6...

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know... i just wanted to throw out some more numbers for kicks! Im excited about the mustang years leading up to 2014 50th Anniversary! They have had stuff ready for this 5 year road to it and its gonna come out year, after year, after year! 2014 will be a milestone in history not only for th Mustang but car history!

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
because muscle has changed over time and you can either live 100% in the past or stick with a car that youve grown up to love. and that V6 will burn all of the V8 engines to go into past mustangs! its not all about old muscle... this market is consumed by new muscle... it would be disrespect to cars to try and remake that old muscle and recreated it... they need to do something new all the time to respect the past and make a new future. Thats why.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Then why not put in a v8 that will burn up V12's? I want pure muscle, in a clean body, not electronics in a box. It is cool for trucks but not for cars. I am just saying i wont buy it, im not saying they should remake the old, i'm saying make something good and ill buy it. Not only power but style too. In my opinion the future of "muscle" is going in the wrong direction. The shelby's of the past were so popular, because they were small, but had a look of extreme power. Going into the future they seem to believe power is in how big a "sports car" can be.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thats because ford is concerned with creating affordable muscle so a lot of people can have a piece of the fun instead of just the rich... its more than just all muscle and burn up everything in your path... this country is getting to very difficult times and an affordable mustang with a lot of power from a small engine and great mpg is what people want! the rich can go and buy the fucking lambos for all i care.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Im glad you bring that up, because i dont like "lambos either"...

They never had a problem with having an affordable mustang, and keeping it high class, powerful, and one of the nicest body styles ever created. Why couldn't they keep it up... change in management? lol

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
they were the only company to not take bailout and they are now the #1 auto company in the US and almost the world with numbers... they are still coming out of selling companies to stay on top... i promise you, the 2014 will be a year to remember! The Mustang is still the #1 muscle car in america.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Now your talking ford, i have no problem with ford, im a ford guy. I am talking about the head of design for the mustang. Any i beg to differ, the Mustang is not a muscle car, and we will never have muscle cars again. Aside from that, the mustang is not the #1 in its class, not even in its finest hour. Both the charger and the mustang have fallen to a new low.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hard to make such an accusation when the mustang has never gone away, not even for a year... not sure how the mustang has fallen to a low... that would have been the pre fox body when there was a 4 banger in it(before the turbo). the charger has cuz it looks nothing like a charger... but the stang, it looks like a stang... the lead designer looks at the stang and changes what can be changed... after 45 years of the stang it is hard to continue to make it look better and different at the same time cuz there will always be someons saying, it doesnt look like a stang. the car is what it is... every car goes through changes and there can be nothing wrong with that... if cars did not change for the better or even worse (which is needed to appreciate the others) then there would be no sense of uniqueness... watch a Barret Jackson auto auction. They will discuss how two cars on the block that are only a year apart and look the same are very different... its the little things and those little thing make the car... some people like them, some dont and thats fine... In this 46 year reign of the mustang im sure each stang lover has his favorites and not so favorites... the car is unique every year... and no way the camaro is #1 since all it is, is a G6 with a makeover... and thats what it really is in the frame and chassis. the camaro dissapeared for so long and has come back as 50% itself... the mustang comes back every year as 100% mustang... as a ford man and mustang man, that what I want, to drive what the badge on the car says it is...

·
Registered
753 Posts
Cars can be 45 years apart, and still look the same better, and different. The corvette for example...

They are bringing back the split back window that was in the 70's, and the stingray body style also. A very good move for chevy. They were going down hill from the stingray, but finally they are coming back, incorporating the new and the old in one slick and powerful machine. The third fastest i believe.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The ZR1 was just a publicity stunt to get interest back into the corvette... I love ford and in turn do not like chevy but the only corvette that I ever did like was the stingray... the rest were just crap to me.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
which year(s) do you like then?

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So right before the intro of the pre fox bodies and that era... I actually liked the Mustang II even though people say it was the worst... I kinda liked it! My all time favorite one though will always be the 1970 Boss 429!!! Best ever Mustang in my opinion!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts