Ford Ranger Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
love to off road. but this 2003 4L v6 range has a huge issue the clutch slave fails every 6 years or less with low miles, and all the brands are the same, wish i could find a heavy duty one but.... nothing seems 1000s have the same issue. if you know of a good brand email me [email protected] and dont try and sell me amazon junk.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
love to off road. but this 2003 4L v6 range has a huge issue the clutch slave fails every 6 years or less with low miles, and all the brands are the same, wish i could find a heavy duty one but.... nothing seems 1000s have the same issue. if you know of a good brand email me [email protected] and dont try and sell me amazon junk.
SEEMS LIKE THE FEMALE END OF THE HYDROLIC LINE THATS PART OF THE SLAVE WAS JAMMED UP AND IT COULD NOT PRESS THE ONE WAY VAULE DOWN TO LET FLUID FLOW. I PUSHED IT IN ALL THE WAY WITH A SCREW DRIVER AND IT MOVES FREELY NOW.... HOW EVER I WILL NOT REUSE IT... IT COULD STILL BE MESSED UP. AFTER HOURS TAKING THE TRANSMISSION APART ITS NOT WORTH REUSING THE SLAVE..... IF YOU HAVE THIS ISSUE CHECK THAT SLAVE OUT BEFORE YOU TAKE THE TANS OUT AND REPLACE PARTS...............................I WILL UPDATE WHEN THE NEW PART IS IN TO LET U ALL KNOW IF THIS FIXED IT...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts