Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, thank you for the invite on the forum. i hope to find some help on my 2000 ranger with an I-4 2.5
i just got it and changed the oil and filter only 51k on it. it has been dormant for 8 years and started fairly easy after a new battery and pit 5-20w first oil dump. put a slow 1000 miles and top end was getting better and quiet. changed the oil again and somehow the water outlet hose coming from the block to intake near the filter was very rusted and i just hit it lightly when coolant poured out. i managed to get the little bugger out with vise grips. NOWHERE can i find the part from dealers OR LOCAL shops. i did find the part number though. it is 373-724S-103 which is obsolete! where can i find outdated parts for the 2.5 lima engine.any help ? thanks tref:frown2:

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
If your talking about the coolant inlet on the block just above the oil filter that is a 3/8" npt thread. On the earlier 2.3 blocks there was a coolant temperature sensor there instead. On the later 2.5 they decided to run hot coolant through the intake so they ran a coolant tee hose from the heater hose to the intake and another hose from the intake to the block to circulate the coolant.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts