Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!My 99 ford ranger 4.0 is having problems with something.I dont know what it is? I can start the truck up just fine I rev it up in park absolutely fine, no problems i put into netrul rev up no problem then drive I give it gas and at about 2300rpms it wants to bog down and kinda sputter like. I can actually barely hit the gas and slowly get it going once going I hit the gas and it bogs down still, I can kinda like pump the pedal just barely and get it going as fast as I want but again if I just hit the gas it bogs down. It dont run right, hills if I don't have enough speed it wouldn't make it up them... here is a little history on the truck so you all know everything I know. This problem happen over night?I parked the truck the night before ran just fine no problems at all woke up the next morning and put in reverse and it was bogging down when backing out. Well I was able to get it driving no check engine light has came on yet. I drove to the closest ford dealership in north wilkesboro and by the time I got there the check engine light was on. Remember on my way i was of course trying to figure out what was going on and I would hold my head out the window and listen as i got on the gas it would bogg down but never die. The ford place hooked up their scanner and ran a diagnose and said my cam sensor was bad and it threw all the transmission cylinder codes but they also said it could have threw them because the truck wasn't running right and it thought the transmission was bad. Know this the truck never had any problems before with like slipping or anything transmission related problems! Ok so I drove and got a cam sensor put it on and bam still doing same thing. My uncle is a mechanic and has the scanners just not the Ford kind but anyways we checked fuel pressure 65 even under a load when in drive still good so that crossed out that I put 6 new fuel injectors nothin another new cam sensor aswell as a crank sensor nothing put a coil pack spark plugs and wires still fu#%in nothing changed checked my cat all good there cause I cut it off and didn't change nothing then Welded back. O2 sensor changed nothing fuel filter and lines cleaned and gas drained out of tank nothing changed i was told by another mechanic it could be transmission problem but what could it be it ran just fine before never had any transmission problems can one just go out over night? I'm completely lost with this truck any help would be so much appreciated thank you for taking your time to read this I apologize it is long thank you again and God bless!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts