Ford Ranger Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thats right I'm going to be building this beast!, and ONLY on FR.net! Anyways I want to start out with the basic information on the car. Its a 1999 Ford Crown Victoria Interceptor. (Badges Removed) Its a ex cab, ex cop car. LOL 100% hoopty. Anyways My plans are to keep it Blue and black, but Sand it down and repaint it proper. Upgrade the 4.6. Lower the car all together, and clean up the interior.

A little Information!

Engine and drive train:
The Police Interceptor is equipped with an external oil-to-coolant heat exchanger to reduce engine oil temperatures, allowing the vehicles to idle for extended lengths of time without overheating. The engine oil coolers are notorious for seeping oil from the O-ring seals after extensive use.[3]
The Police Interceptor engine calibration comprises a slightly higher idle speed (by approximately 40 rpm) and minor changes in the emissions settings. The computer is tuned for more aggressive transmission shift points, and the transmission itself is built for firmer and harder shifts.
The 2006–present Police Interceptors equipped with a 3.55:1 rear axle ratio from the factory are electronically limited to 120 mph (193 km/h) due to the lower driveline-critical vehicle speed, while the Police Interceptors equipped with a 3.27:1 rear axle ratio have generally been limited to approximately 135 mph (217 km/h). This compares to 110 mph (177 km/h) for the "civilian" model.[4]
Ford used an aluminum metal matrix composite driveshaft for the 1993–2005 Police Interceptors as a measure to allow safe operation at over 150 mph (241 km/h), but it was more expensive than the regular aluminum driveshafts. Ford reintroduced the 3.55:1 rear axle ratio in the 2006 model year Police Interceptors, and set the speed limiter at 120 mph (193 km/h) to reduce the risk of driveline failure.
Police Interceptors also have a reinforced frame and body mounts, an aluminum drive shaft (aluminum metal matrix composite for the 1999–early 2001 model years), and an optional limited slip rear differential.

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Well, we are here to help! Good luck!

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I started doubting that my car was Indeed a Interceptor, but after a quick look online, and at my VIN. It is indeed a Interceptor!

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea, I know. Kinda scared me, anyways if you youtube P71 you can see alot of guys with interceptors. Its a mean car! When working right.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
so if shes an interceptor do that mean shes awesome an got more power than most of em

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pretty much, Heavy-Duty Suspension, Transmission, and pushing 250 HP

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yesterday, I bought some spray paint from Walmart 1.08. I realized that the paint is a different shade then the first paint I bought. Its slightly grey-er then the first one. Now I have to buy more of the other kind! 3.99 for a can, but its well worth it.

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Haha... who said a paint job should cost about $500... my BII cost about $20 ;D

Got any recent pics?

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I do got recent pictures, I'm taking pictures as I go, just need to find my card, so I can upload them. The pictures are stuck on my phone.

But after a dinner at Lone Star Steak House, I thought of a GREAT plan. Lay down a base coat with the cheap stuff, then put a finishing job with the good stuff so I don't have to spend soo much. If you saw the first door I started on, you would be like "WOW!, Thats like a shop!"

·
Registered
984 Posts
you gonna have fun in that car they fly, i have owned a few x g cars in my time. fast and tough . had a 73 crown vic with a 460 bought it and went drag racing with it q of oil ever pass but what a hoot. >:?

·
Registered
711 Posts
rngrdanny22 said:
Haha... who said a paint job should cost about $500... my BII cost about $20 ;D
do you have any pics of this b2? i'd like to see it. but getting you to post pics is like pulling teeth. :D

and arctic, are you gonna make this Vic just like the one in the pic cuz that would be sick! damn, i gotz mad rhymez yo! ;D

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The one in the pic would be sic, but no. I'm keeping her stocker looking. Pretty much a sleeper, High performance parts under the hood. Regular body parts on the outside.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Possible Engine Upgrade?

Its a 4.6L-3V 350 HP Hot Rod Engine
Information:
Look no further for the ultimate Ford "hot rod" engine, perfect for your street rod or kit car!
350 hp @ 6200 rpm, 330 lb-ft @ 4500 rpm on 93 octane fuel
Complete 4.6L-3V Mustang engine assembly
Aluminum block and cylinder heads
Composite intake manifold for light weight and intake charge temp reduction
Features:
Throaty Mustang GT High Lift Hot Rod Cam SetM-6550-3V
Blue Powder Coated 3V Cam Covers M-6582-3VB
Includes manual transmission engine harness and flywheel
Includes power steering pump and pulley, A/C Delete, accessory drive belt
Weighs in at only 435 lbs dressed!
Vehicle harnesses and PCM not included

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
its a sic ass ride you got bro now get a rang3r and put all them goodies in it lol

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sorry no pictures yet guys. But this is what I got completed soo far!
Painted - Driver side fender, Driver Door, Driver Rear Quarter Panel, Trunk.

I plan on shaving the trunk lock, and shaving the passenger key. Wheel Hubs, and Beauty rings. Push bumper loops. (It has the brackets.)

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Okay well today I completed the driver side of the car. Now I have to line up the bumpers, truck, and hood. So basically I bought a ghetto car, that needs work.

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Well that's all the fun, right? No fun getting a vehicle that's already in great condition... then you just get mad when you get scratches/dings! ;D

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yea thats true. Man I want to get a paint gun, would be nice with a simple little closed off tent or something

1 - 20 of 94 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.