Today I pulled off the Chrome off the sides. Is there anyways to remove the sticky stuff off the side? Anyways, I also found the plastic cover that goes over the shifter. Still have the little chrome over the wheel wells. Pictures to come soon.
Yea if you look in this image, half the adhesive is gone. So, just need to work at it, it does though leave it a little greasy, but that's not a big deal.
Also I was pulling off the passenger side bed chrome I found bondo underneath. Also it shows its previous color which was a white, so I got a little work ahead of me, I plan on trying to find a new bed, fix the cancer on the cab, and paint it Black. But heres the picture of the Bondo
After many long hours working, I am finally getting close to fixing my truck. In the near future, by the near future I mean next weekend. I found the part I need, and I'm getting what is known up here in AK as a PFD. free money. Anyways thought I would update you on this or something. I just wanted to use the Professor.
So tomorrow I'm buying a used front axle from a guy. Spark plugs spark plug wires, and a cap and rotor. I have to head to Napa for some exhaust pieces, and get a new windshield, THEN I have to go get the truck to go pass an Emissions test. So I have a busy day tomorrow. BUT!! I will be able to drive the beast after all that is done. (Its been sitting since I snapped a internal part inside my front driver-side axle shaft.)
If you are low on money, and plan on driving on pavement regularly, and have a regular rear [not limited slip], you can make a cheap limited slip by adding a side gear shim. It'll make the rear act like a l.s.d. but also shortens the life. I've done this to a 9" and a front diff - a d-35. The 9" has about 20,000 miles on it with no problems, the d-35 has about 200 miles. Don't do it to the front as it makes steering on corners and side hills a little dicey, especially on snow.
Yea I'm going to stick with stock for now. Possible SAS later, boss man got it stuck in my head.
Anyways updates, none. My trucks been sitting, but next weekend I'm going to work on swapping the pumpkin, my dad said that the only reason its binding is that something in the pumpkin is messed up. So, he will help me out with some tools, so I can work on the front end. Fun Times.
sorry been lazy about getting pictures, anyways I found out what was really wrong with my truck. I guess when they replaced the axle-shaft, someone didn't install the u-joint correctly. So I'm going to fix that this weekend. The truck drives, and everything just need to get it registered.
Well all that's left to do is put together the exhaust. Up here in Alaska they have emissions test each vehicle has to pass to be able to drive it during winter time. So in order to get it on the road I have to make sure it passes, which means fixing any computer errors, and completing the exhaust. The 4x4 works great though, Goes through the snow like a champ.