Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Re: 1992 F150 Pre-Runner Project

Cant wait to see this build! Good luck!

·
Registered
3,686 Posts

well the kit would be faster and easy not hunting for the perfect kit but did you have to go full prerunner or can you just do a lift kit in the front

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Yea, I was thinking about that.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Some more Pictures

I recently painted the Grille.

·
Registered
655 Posts

i like that its nice im not a big fan of chrome inless its under a hood pumping out some power.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Yea, I told everyone all the Chrome is going to go. I just dont like how it looks. Everything is going to be either Satin Black, or Gloss.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts

looks nice for sure but seeing the rust on the bed makes me think you should look at the cab really good

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

I did check out a few spots. Its got hints, here and there on cab, but most of the eat through is on the rear fenders. I'm going to hit it with some rust proofing later. funds all gone.

·
Registered
984 Posts

looks like a good base. .like the black out idea.chasing rust ,,, i hate it .if ford only told us that pulling the tail lights once o month and pressure washing in there would solve that rust problem.no **** my buddys grand dad. has been doing this faithfully for twenty years and he has one of the nicest rust free 80s f150 i have seen.and its was the sales man at the dealer ship that had told him that. i hear about ever time i see him he points to my rust and tells me the story .heard it about 500 times now lol.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Nice, I might check that out too, So tomorrow I will hunt for some rust, its not like I can do much about it, but wait til I get some rust away type stuff.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Well, I'm bringing this beast back. I've decided to purchase it from my Grandpa again, and so back to the "Pre-Runner" Project. Pretty much were I left it with the last post. So, I will update when I get it home. Don't know how soon I will be able to do that but oh well.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Today I brought it home. Pictures will come tomorrow, now its time to put my child to bed, and pass out.

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts

Nice! Can't wait for pics!

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

No pictures yet, but I sprayed the cancer on the cab. I'm looking to get a card for my camera soon.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Well, sorry the delay on the pictures. Anyways today I was driving it home, and I heard a clunk, I check underneath and found that one of the axle shafts broke. I'm not 100% sure where, but I know its busted. Anyways I've been on craigslist looking for parts for this thing, and I thought it was funny when I saw the front end of another 1992 F150 on there, but I guess the guy knew mine was going to bust. So, I'm going to call the guy today, and haggle a bit with him see if I could get it for a decent price.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

The best mod out there, the door handles kept breaking, So my grandpa put in this beast. I added the open-end closed-end wrench.

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts

You knooooow... while the front-end is out, it's the perfect time to swap in a solid axle... just sayin... LOL

Hopefully it's not a tough fix. Is it the D44 TTB?

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

I'm not sure, haven't looked to far into the truck. Just been playing around with it. I'll take more pictures tomorrow.

Yea, I'm just going to keep with the current set up right now. SAS in the possible future.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts