Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got the 91 explorer ive been wanting and the automatic trans after driving it for 20-30 min will not go into gear fully it feels like its parsley in gear and then if you wait a min it just pops into gear and goes this happens with all gears also the over drive feels like its parsley in gear but it never pops in this is all the time on the overdrive but if you drive down the road and shift it into overdrive it works just fine until you come to stop and it wont work. any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
did you pull the pan and see what the filter looks like and the magnet in the pan to see if its full of metal

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Sounds very similar to the transmission issues I had in my 97. It took forever to shift from first to second and second to third. Then it wouldn't shift into fifth at all.

I agree with BADINTEN, check the pan first. Worst case is that it would require a rebuild. On the bright side, the transmission is extremely common and getting a used fixer wouldn't be all that difficult or expensive.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
like i said i already changed the oil and the only thing in the pan was clutch materal and once its in gear it shifts like nothing it wrong except over drive.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
well i must have missed the part where you said you did all that i will talk to my trans buddy and ask him

1 - 6 of 6 Posts