141 - 160 of 195 Posts

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #141

my gangster welding, pretty good for 110v flux core

something dont look right here..

ahh, here we go..

was a bitch to fix but i got it done and lined up now, just need to finish the ends and make a license plate mount and some tow hooks, and a reciever mount eventually. this thing is BEEF and heavy as fuck, all make of 1/4 plate mounts and 1.5"x3"x.25" square tube. yeah itll hold, lol

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
btw the b2 is too fucking low. im determined to get a 4" susp lift. that would put me at a perfect height to my taste.

i was thinking about it all evening and i got on the TRS classifieds and found a 4" susp lift. it consist of 2.5" tuff country axle drops, 4" skyjacker coils, 3.25 degree camber bushings, radius arm drop brackets, new radius arm bushings, new coil insulators, all for $230 shipped. hell yes.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I'd say your gangsta welding looks o.k. and I like the design of your bumper.
It's hard to tell but make sure to relieve the edges [ grind them at a 45 degree angle, but not to a point ] especially if your welding 1/4" with 110V flux-core. That welder isn't strong enough to penetrate 1/4" without a bit of grinding and do more than one pass.
Are you giving the b-ii a suede paint job any time soon or what are your plans in that regard?

Richard

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
alwaysFlOoReD said:
I'd say your gangsta welding looks o.k. and I like the design of your bumper.
It's hard to tell but make sure to relieve the edges [ grind them at a 45 degree angle, but not to a point ] especially if your welding 1/4" with 110V flux-core. That welder isn't strong enough to penetrate 1/4" without a bit of grinding and do more than one pass.
Are you giving the b-ii a suede paint job any time soon or what are your plans in that regard?

Richard
thanks dude. yup you can bet i "v"ed all the edges, but with the mounts i used the 220 stick welder just for a bit of overkill, but as you can tell in the pics i was getting decent penetration, with the color of the metal turning purplish around the welds.

i bought the paint for it a couple days ago, went with army green. got a gallon of primer, gallon of paint, some acetone, reducer, activator, all that junk for $210 including my discount, regular it would be around 270

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Cool, I'd like to see how you do that. I have no experience with paint but have been reading up on it.

Richard

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #146
im not gonna do this paint job, im gonna get it done at a body shop. want it to be perfect, lol

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #147
4" susp lift is on the way.

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Nice! What brand did you go with?

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #149
tuff country brackets, tuff country radius arm drops, skyjacker soft ride coils, skyjacker drop pitman arm, moog camber bushings, OEM new spring insulators just because he had no use for them

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #150
winch and all wiring took off

lights off and wiring out, figured its a good time to take a pic of my badass custom harness

stock bumper on

painted the rad support and grill.

and this is what im working on now.. wether it goes into the b2 or not,, we will just have to wait and see. engine build is more of a long term project. its a 5.0 HO, im converting it to carb and doing a rebuild on it.

[img]http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn23/Boggin-B-Series/dc91ce25.jpg

grill done in bedliner.

my positive battery cable was way to short with my new battery so i got this today.

new wire is 4ga, much heavier than the whimpy stock one, and it got an aux power wire coming from it just to be badass.

also one of the best mods i done to her so far:

thats right. its so awesome

also took out the wiring the previous owner had installed for trailer brakes and some other ****. he sure as hell never wanted the wiring to fall out. what a pita

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Nice update man! The "x-tra strength vanillaroma" mod will be the next on my list.

My truck smells like a monkey has been living in it...

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #152
my trucks been in a heated garage since 96.. you can just imagine how nice she smelled inside lol. smelled like ass, but that air freshener is strong as hell, and the vanilla ones are deffinetly my favourite lol

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #153
Drove the B2 off tonight to the paint shop!!!!! should have her back tomorrow!

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Nice! Can't wait to see it with a fresh coat of paint!

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #156

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
You painted it yourself! I can see the flower by the front passenger wheel hasn't moved in all the pics.

·
Registered
901 Posts
or it could be a prop flower!

but more then likely he painted it himself.

It looks good. :D

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #159
nope i brought her up to my pops garage and he painted her, hes an autobody dude so i figured id trust him more so than myself haha

141 - 160 of 195 Posts