Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys, finally got around to it today. If you will remember, I went out of my house a couple months ago and noticed this:

Instead of simply replacing them with the boring old 05 and below mirrors, I bought a set of 06+ mirrors and decided to do the swap.

Here it is right before the install:

One side done!

And both sides done!

So what do you think?

Oh, and I keep blowing the fuse when I try to move the passenger mirror. I'm going to have to take that side off and re-do the wires. But I'm going to leave it alone for now... its almost 100 degrees outside and I almost passed out. I'll fix it up in a couple months once winter hits.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Looks good. Was there any special procedure to do this or is it a straight swap?

Richard

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, there was a little work involved. I had to modify the mirrors a little bit by cutting some plastic off where the mounting posts are. It also had to be hard wired (I used some male/female connectors on each wire). Other than that it was a direct swap... LOL

·
Registered
901 Posts
Those look sweet. Make me want to get a Ranger again!

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks man! I'm looking to upgrade my bumper from the 01-03 style to the 04-05 style (a little more square w/ square foglights).

·
Registered
901 Posts
This style?

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, that style would be nice too. That's the 06+ front bumper. The one I'm looking at is the 04-05 it's like the one white94ranger had on his truck for a while.

·
Registered
901 Posts
I think that one would look good too with the fender guards.

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I bet it would look pretty sick with the 06+ bumper, 06+ fender flares, and have the lower half (where it's gray in the pic you posted) sprayed with Line-X.

Now I'm getting expensive ideas... LOL

·
Registered
211 Posts
Looks way better!!!! Im going to buy you a can of krylon fusion satin black for that grill if you dont paint it meow

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
LOL... Yeah, it's looking pretty rough. I need to get my flares sprayed again too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts