Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys im looking to do a 3" body lift on my 06 fx4 was just wondering if there are anythings i should be aware of, steering and also mine a 5-speed manual, also i was looking into the body lifts they sell on ebay , has anyone bought or heard anything about them , my buddy bought one for his 94 2wd and it worked fine and the price was good

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
The best kits you can buy are from a brand called "Performance Accessories". Also, since you truck is a 5spd, you will need to make sure you get the shifter extension (sometimes costs a little extra).

There are some people that love body lifts and some people that hate them. It's really up to your preference!

·
Registered
211 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
No problem man! Great link!

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Im not calling anybody out, but ive ran 2 rangers that were 5spd and a manual tcase without shifter extensions, hell they never even had steering extensions

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
see now i was kinda wondering on that like the s10 dont need the steering and the ranger has atleast 3inches of travel in the steering shaft so i didnt know if it would need it. however being that i have 5" lift i will be doing a custom steering shaft for mine. as it sits right now im thinking of a whole custom dash maybe a chevy dash something older

1 - 7 of 7 Posts