Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys. i have a 2002 ranger edge rwd and theres a 1 inch set back on my front axle since the previous owner got into an accident with it . I do wanna fix it but im looking at my options here instead of buying new parts and keep stock i might aswell buy and old ranger 4wd and install it on mine so i would have a 4x4.looking to put diff and shaft drive shaft and transfercase from the 4 wheel drive one and buy everything else new.is this to ambitious? or should get the front end of a 98 yj and weld shackle on my frame and just leaf springs it ? let me know what you think . thanks!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Welcome to the site!

With that much work, you might be better off going ahead and switching to a solid axle (leaf sprung or coils). I've heard that 02+ models are a little easier to do a SAS on than the older model Rangers.

Good luck! Make sure you post tons of pics whichever way you decide to go!

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
welcome and i would just do it right the first time and sas it

·
Registered
585 Posts
yea im with them, sas it, dana 30 should be great aslong as you dont beat it to hard, but light trails and DD'ing would be fine for it.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I don't know about the newer rangers, the older ones needed the front cross member replaced to go from 2wd to 4x4.... a fair amount of work.

Richard

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
heyy guys thanks for the adv but i decided to keep it 2wheel drive im buying a detroit locker to put on it and now im stuck on something with a 3 inch body lift would i be able to fit 35's with my t bars cranked because i have no lift on it right now and i fit 31's with 2 inch and a half on both sides thanks !!

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
i dont rec anything bigger than 33 the wheel bearings on 2wd are not as beefy as the 4x4 for you most likely would be eattin them like crazy

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Also you would probably have to re-gear going over 33's. I think 33's would look pretty sick on there... no need to pack the tires in there and have no room for flex!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts